Website Malware Monitoring with AlertFox
Did you know AlertFox can also monitor your site for malware? Malware distribution (viruses, Trojans, spyware etc.) has become a key issue for many website owners, as drive-by-download attacks are on the rise and malware distribution techniques are becoming increasingly effective.
There are expensive malware monitoring services like GlobalSign or HackAlert – but the AlertFox real browser monitoring service provides you a similar security for free.
How do we do this? We use real web browsers for testing your site, and the malware monitoring comes as side effect, courtesy of Google.
This is how it works:
Lets assume your site just got hacked…
1. Googlebot crawls your site every x minutes (x depends on how popular your site is)
2. As soon as Googlebot detects malware, that info is sent to the safe browsing list of Google, which is used by Chrome and Firefox.
3. On our test stations, the running browsers retrieve the latest malware update – and boing! – your transaction test will fail because the browsers block your site – and you get alerted by AlertFox!
To summarize, by using AlertFox Website Monitoring you get the power of Google’s phishing and malware monitoring at no additional costs!
For more information on malware, see the Google Malware and Hacked Sites forum.
How to setup malware monitoring? If you already have a Firefox based transaction test running there is nothing else to do! Malware monitoring is active by default!
- For some time now, our https sensors have had t...
- An AlertFox iDrone3 beta version installer is a...
- On Friday the 22nd, between 15:38 and 16:43 UTC...