Public Status Dashboard
Starting today all AlertFox users can try out our new and improved public report pages, seen here below. These reports, also known as status pages, website health page or simply public reports, let you make some or all of your AlertFox monitoring results public, promoting transparency toward your users.
Since the public reports are hosted by AlertFox, they will be available even when your own website is down. They are very handy as automatically updated public status pages for web services and hosting companies, to name one example.
Features at a glance
• Uptime and response time charts.
• Error screenshots
• Daily and weekly overviews.
• Customizable logo and “home” link (automatically taken from your account setting)
• Neutral domain: http://status-dashboard.com/32226/
• Custom domain setup available at no extra cost (just contact support).
• Free with all AlertFox plans
To try out the new status page, just go to your sensor setup and check the box “Public”. The dashboard is automatically generated if at least one sensor is marked with public. This feature is available for all AlertFox users, both free and paid. You can optionally set up a special domain so people can access the status page using your domain name, e.g. status.yourdomain.com (these custom domains require a paid plan).
Give me some real world examples!
Many major organizations use a public status dashboard to inform their customers as soon as a critical service becomes unavailable. Some well-known examples are:
- Google Apps Dashboard – yes, this is the page that inspired our design most heavily 😉
- Amazon web services Health Dashboard
- Microsoft Azure Service Dashboard
- Seti@Home (Berkeley)
- iOpus (a software vendor) service page
Last but not least our AlertFox service itself has its own status page: http://status.alertfox.com/
=> Why not give it a try?
- For some time now, our https sensors have had t...
- An AlertFox iDrone3 beta version installer is a...
- On Friday the 22nd, between 15:38 and 16:43 UTC...