Public Services need Public Dashboards
Some days ago we started monitoring various online services (Email providers, job search sites, public transportation) with AlertFox transaction sensors. Do you think you know which of these is faster, or more reliable? Check the web performance benchmarks on their Public Dashboards at
Performance Benchmark Webmail: Time to login and open/read an email
– http://status-dashboard.com/35414 -Yahoo Mail vs. Gmail
Performance Benchmark German Job Portals:
Job search for “ASP.NET” programers and making sure results are displayed
– http://status-dashboard.com/35453 Federal Employment Office (“Arbeitsamt”) vs Monster.de
Performance Benchmark Railway: Search for a specific train connection on a given date
– http://status-dashboard.com/35465 German / Swiss / French Railway Services
Important: AlertFox not only monitors site load time (everyone can easily optimize for this) but the true user experience. Alertfox does this by testing the end-user transaction performance, as measured in real web browers with simulated users (aka synthetic monitoring).
If you want to publish your own website’s performance with your users, e.g. for promoting your site’s reliability, just mark the results it as “public” on the sensor settings page. Of course, we have our own public status page at http://status.alertfox.com
- For some time now, our https sensors have had t...
- An AlertFox iDrone3 beta version installer is a...
- On Friday the 22nd, between 15:38 and 16:43 UTC...