Blackout Periods (aka maintenance periods) scheduling is live
Many users have asked for this feature and, along with a number of other updates and tweaks, the new Blackout Periods feature went live with our Wednesday December 11, 2013 system update!
Use Blackout Periods to suspend monitoring and alerting during scheduled site maintenance and downtime periods. Your performance statistics won’t be skewed by maintenance activities and you won’t receive annoying alerts during them.
Blackout Periods define time spans when a selected set of sensors will be deactivated. Measurements are not collected and site downtime is not included in the uptime statistics.
To get started, select the new Blackout Periods menu item in the AlertFox Control Panel.
From here you can manage your Blackout Periods:
- Define new Blackout Periods by clicking on the New Blackout Period button then providing the required parameters and sensors to be suspended.
- Sort your list of Blackout Periods by clicking on column headers.
- Edit or Delete specific Blackout Periods by clicking the appropriate button for that record.
- You can Delete, Enable, or Disable multiple Blackout Periods by choosing the appropriate action and pressing the Go button.
- Please note the Blackout Periods page is only be accessible to users with administrative privileges.
For a detailed review of the new Blackout Period scheduling feature, please see the new Wiki page at http://wiki.alertfox.com/Blackout_Periods.
- For some time now, our https sensors have had t...
- An AlertFox iDrone3 beta version installer is a...
- On Friday the 22nd, between 15:38 and 16:43 UTC...