AlertFox is a revolutionary new self-service website transaction monitoring service that is capable of keeping tabs on the functioning and performance of all websites, even those use AJAX, Flash and Silverlight. AlertFox offers basic free website monitoring and advanced PRO packages with additional test sensors, shorter monitoring intervals and the free iMacros transaction test macros creation service.
What’s New with AlertFox
To keep up with the latest news and information, visit:
- Subscribe to our blog: Web Performance News
- View the AlertFox Current System Status. This page shows the performance data for our services. Check back any time to view the current status of the our services. If there are problem, you’ll find more information in our blog (see status).
- New features are posted on the blog with the What’s New tag.
Connect with AlertFox
The AlertFox Monitoring Server
For those of you that are interested in how it works: AlertFox runs iMacros on the backend monitoring servers (iMacros Player, iMacros Enterprise Bundle). The backend consists of lots of Windows 2008 R2 servers (both 32-bit and 64-bit) and Microsoft SQL Server (WISA stack).
1000′s of browsers are opened and closed all the time (we execute millions of transactions each month!). All browsers are controlled by the iMacros Scripting Web Scripting interface, a very easy and robust API for automating web browsers. The website and test services are created in C++, C# and ASP.NET. The database is MS SQL 2008.
Currently AlertFox runs the following web browser versions on its backend:
- iMacros Browser V8.03
- iMacros for Firefox V7.6 (Firefox 16)
- iMacros for Internet Explorer V8.03 (running in Internet Explorer 9, in IE9 compatibility mode)
- iMacros for Chrome 5.3
- Flash: 11.4.402.287
- Chrome 188.8.131.529.96
- Silverlight: 4.0.60531.0
- Java: 7 Update 9
Just like your average end users, we update all browsers and plugins to the latest versions every 2-3 months. We report changes on the AlertFox Web Performance Blog as well as updating this wiki page. System updates are usually be completely transparent (no monitoring downtime).
- Help Overview
- How It Works
- Reporting Overview
- The AlertFox iDrone